This is a simple dish and can be on your table in less than 30 minutes. It’s tasty, healthy and easy to make. Chicken combined with corn, great combination.
First melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Then start by adding onion, celery, and jalapeño. Cook them for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently is recommended, you don’t want to burn them. Next add flour, cook for 1 minute, and don’t forget to stir constantly. Stir in milk and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until thick (about 5 minutes).
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breast halves)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
Original article: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/quick-chicken-corn-chowder