Pasta comes in many forms and shapes. This is simple and tasty recipe, you can make it for about 30 – 40 minutes. Enjoy.
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ounces pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add pepperoni and onion and cook, stirring, until onion is soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute longer.
Add wine and cook, stirring, until almost evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and sugar, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in heavy cream. Season with salt.
While sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add rigatoni and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes or as package label directs. Combine with sauce and basil and serve.